I flew to Arkansas on Sunday and came back to Nashville on Monday night. The campaign folks were getting together to play paintball on Monday. Chip has a plane and he was going to fly in to see his girlfriend and to play paintball....so I went with.
Chip's plane is a four-seater, single prop. The four seats include the pilot and co-pilot seat. Needless to say it is small. Below is a picture of a plane similar to Chip's.
Chip let me fly the plane on Sunday afternoon. He was sitting right there but I had full control. I flew the plane up and down...you really aren't suppose to do that it is suppose to stay steady. Since I was sitting in the co-pilot seat I got to wear the headset and listen to the air traffic.
The flight back on Monday night was a little bumpy. We had to fly around some weather. Instead of flying straight through Memphis we had to fly to Mississippi to Alabama then into Nashville to avoid the weather. We saw a lightning storm it was awesome to watch from that vantage point. I had lots of fun!
0 comments:
Post a Comment