Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Movies - Saturday Part 2...

After downtown Franklin I went to the movies. I saw two movies this afternoon The Women and Nights in Rodanthe

The Women
- Total chick flick. I would call it a "chick empowering" movie. It has an amazing cast. It is funny, sad and some parts made me mad. So I think the perfect chick flick.

Nights in Rodanthe
- Anyone that reads my blog on a regular bases knows that I have a love (some may even call it a slight obsession) of the writings of Nicholas Sparks. Well Nights in Rodanthe is based on a novel by him. I will say that Nights in Rodanthe isn't my favorite book by Nicholas Sparks so I didn't expect much from the movie. It too is a TOTAL chick flick. All of his books are tragic and so are the movies. The movie was okay. I've never read a book then watched the movie and thought the movie was great so I'm not the best judge. Lots of women in the theater were crying. This one poor women was crying very loudly. I can only assume that 1. She has lived through a similar situation or 2. She was not prepared for the movie...she was with a friend...the friend should have warned her.

While I was there I saw a preview for a movie called The Secret Life of Bees. This movie is based on a book by the same name. I've read the book. It will be released later in October...I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Misti said...

How crazy that I too saw nights in rodanthe this weekend. I liked the movie, didn't love it or anything. But will also stand in line to see the secret life of bees. I may have to see the women also! Your town looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I saw the preview for "Secret Life of Bees" and since you gave me this book -- I, of course, thought of you.

ck

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

You are too funny. I always feel sorry for the one person who seems to sob the loudest. You are right; someone should have prepared her! :)