Well I've had a migraine almost all week. I missed two full days of work.
It is funny when non-headache people try to talk to headache people. I think my favorite comment is.."my mother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, cousin, sister, nephew's best friend's brother has migraines....and you know what they do fill in the blank and it works for them every time, you should try fill in the blank". I just smile and say, "Maybe next time!". When what I really want to say, "Is my head hurts...please just stop talking to me!"
A comment that drives me CRAZY...I'm just not a headache person...I have no idea what that would be like...I'm sorry. I also enjoy the folks that tell me that they have really bad headaches and take Ibuprofen, it works...hhhhhmmmm!!!
I'm venting and whining a little! I'm feeling much better today! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
7 comments:
I'm so sorry!!!
Headaches stink!!!
Do comments make it better? :)
You can see I'm trying...
Any progress?
Okay, I'll leave you alone now.
Yeah....people really are so dumb without even knowing it. Hope you feel better!
OH. MY. WORD. I can't believe I am just now reading this because you KNOW I have a lot to say about this!!! I "amen" every single thing you said....and I also want to smack people who suggest ibuprofen or whatever works for them. I REALLY want to smack people who say "Don't you feel better by now?" when a migraine lasts for days. People just don't "get it." But I want you to know that I do and I am so sorry. I hope you are getting a little relief by now.
FYI- I am your girl if you EVER need to vent about migraines...we can curse those monsters together! No, it won't make them go away...but it's better than getting random advice from people that you don't want or need!!!!
Post a Comment