Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Governor of Alaska?!?!?!....

I think that is what most people said when they found out that John McCain had selected Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate. As soon as it was announced I know many people were "googling" her to find out more. What they found is that she is a mother of five, a first term governor, a former union member "fisherwoman", a high school basketball star, pro-life, anti-abortion and conservative. I knew of her prior to Friday. What I knew about her I liked and as I learn more about her I like her more. I never thought that she would be his choice...I thought she was a long shot as did most of the country...I was SOOO excited on Friday. I watched her introduction to the nation and her speech.

The majority of you that read my blog and know me know that I am a Republican. However first and foremost I am a Christian. I believe as Christian we are called to be involved in the decisions that are made in our country. I don't think you have to work on a campaign, run for office or even donate to political campaigns...I do think it is our responsibility to vote...which is an opportunity for our voices to be heard. As a Christian and Republican I am very excited for someone like Sarah Palin to be on the ticket.

So vote in November!

1 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

Amen about just being involved. I wish more people got more involved. Great post.