Sunday, August 12, 2007

AWESOME...

I am still in Iowa. For those of you who don't already know Governor Huckabee came in 2nd place in the Iowa Straw Poll. We are so EXCITED! This is exactly what we needed and wanted. It was amazing to be in a group of over 100 Huckabee supporters when the announcement was made. It was what the staff had been work towards all year.

Just to give you an idea of my day yesterday. It started at 6:30am with a bus ride to Ames, IA. I registered Huckabee voters and handed out straw poll tickets all day long. It was over 100 degrees. Governor Huckabee's band played, we had BBQ, Hope watermelon, snow cones, popcorn and the very important water.

The results were announced at around 8pm last night. There were a lot of hugs, tears, laughs and pictures. Governor Huckabee was mobbed by tons of media. He left Ames, IA last night with over 100 people shouting. "We like Mike". Yesterday was definitely on my top ten of most amazing days.

We started saying on Friday..."Tomorrow changes the rest of our lives." and so it starts. I will post pictures soon!

0 comments: