Tonight was the first night of my Bible study. Tonight we got our books and had the opportunity to get to know the people in small group.
When I got off work...let's just say I wasn't feeling a Bible study meeting. I thought to myself what was I thinking signing up for a Bible study. I was so tired. I just wanted to go home and lay on my couch. I had a REALLY bad attitude!! So we started in our large group which includes about 25 women. While the leader of the study was going through the plan for the next thirteen weeks...I still wasn't too sure about the study and thinking the whole time...What have I gotten myself into!?!?
Then we broke into our small group. This is where we will do the group discussion when we start the study. Well tonight we spent the time getting to know each other. There are six other women in my small group. So we went around the table and introduced ourselves to each other. We talked about our family, where we are originally from, and why we signed up for the study. As the ladies are talking about themselves and I'm talking about myself. All of the sudden my bad attitude was gone. I realize that I was there for a Bible study but God had lead me to an interesting group of ladies. I had at least one thing in common with every single one of the women in my group. Three of the ladies in the group are married (obviously that was the one thing I had in common with those three ladies). Four including myself are single and have never been married..what are the odds?!?!
Anyway the bad attitude is gone. I'm excited about the Bible study. The study sounds amazing. The lady leading the large group time went to seminary and has a degree in Biblical studies. It should be an interesting thirteen weeks!
4 comments:
That is awesome! I pray you make great friends and learn lots. Good for you for leaving that bad attitude behind. More of us should learn to do better at that, including me.
Wooo hooo! I'm so excited for you and anxious to hear more about it as the weeks go by.
I have a theory that the devil knows when we're gonna get a blessing and he works super hard to keep us from getting to church/bible study/etc. to enjoy it. Way to overpower him!
i tagged you. Details on my blog. love ya!
Post a Comment